Obesity and diabetes are well-publicized health concerns facing American youth. Overweight kids are automatically at higher risk for developing conditions, like diabetes, high blood pressure and even cancer, that are associated with extra body fat. Even young athletes are suffering from a lack of proper fitness. Musculoskeletal injury rates in youth athletics are on the rise and experts are citing the lack of physical fitness as a contributing factor.
The good news is that childhood obesity and inactivity are something we can change.
At In Motion, we provide children with the opportunity to learn how to have a healthy lifestyle. Our Youth Fitness program promotes physical fitness and nutritional education in a safe and fun environment. The team of experienced sports performance specialists, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and nutritionists have the training and expertise necessary to help young kids achieve their health and fitness goals.
Our clients get the fitness foundation and the knowledge to succeed in lifelong health and prevent the negative effects of diabetes, childhood obesity, and cardiovascular disease. Program benefits include:
- Supervised Athletic Training – It is recommended that children participate in 60 minutes of activity daily. Our experts incorporate resistance training, cardiovascular training, and interactive games into the program. Trainers also teach fun home exercise ideas to help kids achieve their recommended daily activity level.
- Injury Prevention – Functional training under the watchful eyes of an athletic trainer can reduce the risk of injury in athletics and everyday activities.
- Nutritional Guidance – Each participant receives a complete nutritional evaluation with a registered dietitian who has experience working with children and adolescents. The dietitian will develop a personalized eating plan based on your child’s lifestyle, activities, nutritional needs, and food preferences.
- Ongoing Support and Education – Our team listens to your health goals and then helps you achieve them – every step of the way. We work together with our clients and their parents/caregivers to establish healthy eating habits and attitudes toward food and exercise for a lifetime.
- Reduced Risk of Chronic Disease – Many chronic diseases and injuries can be prevented by implementing proper fitness and health training into childhood activities.
Each youth fitness program includes a nutritional evaluation and follow-up visits with the registered dietitian to keep you on track.
Bon Secours In Motion also works with local schools in Hampton Roads to help educate children about the importance of making healthy decisions and getting active. If you’re interested in bringing an In Motion specialist to speak at your school, contact us!