How much do you know about arthritis? Arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the U.S., and affects three-quarters of people over age 60.
The most common types of arthritis affect joints in the fingers, knees, feet, ankles, hips, back, and shoulders. Symptoms can include pain, stiffness, swelling, and difficulty moving a joint.
Bon Secours In Motion and Sports Medicine’s Response to Arthritis
We develop individualized treatment programs based on initial evaluations by a multidisciplinary treatment team which includes licensed, experienced physical therapists, and through regular communication with referring physicians and an arthritis support group at Bon Secours In Motion.
Arthritis Rehabilitation Program Goals
- Improve mobility, strength, and endurance
- Increase functional skills
- Reduce pain, stiffness, and discomfort
- Improve knowledge and understanding of the disease process
- Improve quality of life
- Independence with Joint Protection Techniques
Physical therapy is a non-invasive treatment of arthritis. Our program offers the following:
- Therapeutic Exercises
- Modalities (heat, cold, hydrotherapy)
- Self-help Devices
- Functional Skills Training
- Pain Management
- Joint Protection (Bracing and Splinting)
- Energy Conservation
- Stress Management
- Patient/Family Education
For more information, contact our In Motion Physical Therapy Clinics below.