Kinesio Tape™ is a heat activated, latex-free tape that matches the elasticity of the skin and stretches to accommodate movement of the body. Kinesio Taping™ is a breakthrough therapeutic method. It is used to help correct muscle imbalances, decrease pain and swelling and promote healing.
It has been successful in treating a variety of orthopedic and neurological conditions in physical therapy patients and can restore full natural function to muscles and joints to aid athletes in training and rehabilitation.
The benefits of Kinesio Tape™ include:
- Applied and worn 24 hours/day for 3-5 days
- Heat-activated, latex-free and water resistant
- Safe for all populations, including pediatrics and geriatrics
- Enhances muscular, joint, and circulatory function during any stage of injury including preventative care
- Decreases pain and inflammation
- Provides neurofeedback to muscles
- Provides support for tendons/ligaments
- Reduces muscles spasms/restrictions
- Increases ROM
- Improves scar mobility
Professional athletes rely on Kinesio Tape™ to help them perform at optimal levels. Athletes such as Serena Williams, Lance Armstrong, and Kerri Walsh have been photographed during competition with their Tape in place. In Motion Physical Therapy has clinicians who are trained in the application of Kinesio Tape™ and have used it to treat such things as tennis elbow, rotator cuff strain, plantar fasciitis, patellar tracking, and low back pain.