For patients with neurological disorders like Parkinson’s Disease, everyday tasks like walking and speaking can be overwhelmingly difficult. Many patients feel isolated as a result.
At Bon Secours In Motion, our physical therapy clinic at DePaul Medical Center offers non-invasive treatment program for neurological and Parkinson’s Disease patients struggling with the activities of daily living. Lee Silverman Voice Training Big, also known as LSVT BIG, is the treatment of Parkinson’s through an intensive amplitude exercise program for the limb motor system and re-education of the sensorimotor system The goal of our BIG program is to help patients perform activities of daily living with greater ease.
- Receptive Language and Expressive Language Difficulties
- Dysarthria, Aphasia, Dysphagia
- Cognitive Communication Impairments –Attention, Organization, Memory, etc.,
- Upper Extremity Re-Education
- Fine Motor Skills and Visual Perceptual Skill Training
- Activities of Daily Living
- Adaptive Equipment & Devices
- Balance & Fall Prevention
- Vestibular Dysfunction Assessment and Treatment
- Increase Overall Strength
- Orthotic Fitting
- Aquatic Therapy
These strategies lead to faster walking with bigger steps, better balance and increased flexibility of the trunk.
To learn more about our neuro rehabilitation program, contact us today.